Introduction to Lacto-Ovo vegetarian diet
A perfect lifestyle to follow for a healthy life in the past days, vegetarianism was considered to be a strange thing and to comment on. But today introduction to a lacto-Ovo vegetarian diet is the words people search for. A Nonvegetarian person prefers to become a vegetarian on the basis of his/her concerns. Today even many young adults have gained awareness on this healthy lifestyle to follow in their life as it tends to attain happiness or satisfaction physically, mentally, and spiritually.
Why do people move towards a vegetarian diet?
Following are the main reasons or factors which people getting Introduction to a vegetarian diet.
• For a healthy life: Many people suffer from various diseases like Hypertension and Diabetes due to less intake of fibre. Nonvegetarian diets have less fibre content that vegetarian diet. This is why people prefer vegetarian for healthy digestion and good health. Nonvegetarian foods can lead to high cholesterol and obesity which serves as a door to other cardiac problems. The main reason behind the fact that humans are not designed to feed on meat. Because the teeth and digestive tract of the human body are similar to the carnivores of nonmeat eating or vegetarian animals.
• For spiritual well being: All living beings are equally made on this planet. Many people following yoga and religions like Hinduism, Jainism, and many others are following this principle. They find killing animals to eat as food is extremely sinful.
These are the main reasons people usually follow a vegetarian diet. Introduction to the vegetarian diet helps many people to consistently follow the diet type and have a prolonged, healthier life. A Vegetarian diet helps in the proper functioning of the body organs without any ailments. However, it is important to take a balanced vegetarian diet with all nutrients to live stronger and happier.
Reasons you should follow Lacto-Ovo vegetarian:
A Lacto vegetarian diet includes diet like dairy products, eggs, vegetables, nuts, and grains. Vegetarians and people following veganism have a higher risk of vitamin B-12 deficiency. This can be combated by following a Lacto-Ovo vegetarian diet. This is the most common type of diet followed in Western countries. Lacto vegetarian is a type of vegetarian who eats dairy products but completely avoids dairy products. Ovo vegetarian is a type of vegetarian who does not eat meat, fish or chicken but eats only eggs. Thus a Lacto-Ovo vegetarian eats dairy products, eggs, but completely avoids meat.
Eating guidelines for Lacto-Ovo vegetarian diet
Every human body must be fed with a diet that contains all the nutrients like carbohydrates, vitamins, fats, and minerals. Following are the nutrient supplements that are found in food items.
• Proteins: It supports the growth of the human body and cells. These are the building blocks of muscles that are found in foods like soy products, dried grains, quinoas, nuts, peanuts, dairy products, and eggs.
• Iron: It helps in the transport of oxygen to all the parts of the body. Vegetarian’s intake of iron should be twice as the amount is very less in plant-based foods compared to a nonvegetarian diet. Iron is found in food items like soy-based products like tofu, meat alternatives like veggie burgers and textured vegetable protein, fortified grain products like bread, cereals, and pasta, some nuts and seeds like cashews, almonds, pumpkin, and sesame seeds, prune juices, apricots, and kale.
• Zinc: It helps in the growth and strengthening of the immune system. It also plays a major role in healing wounds. The best sources of zinc include pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds butter, dried beans, lentils, peas, pecans, cashews, peanuts and peanut butter, whole grains, and fortified cereals.
• Linolenic acid: This is also called Omega 3 fatty acids and is helpful in curing heart diseases, and also important for the development of the eye, nerve, and brain. The good sources of Linolenic acids include ground flaxseed, soybeans, oils of flaxseed, canola, walnut, and soybeans, tofu and walnuts.
Why Lacto-Ovo vegetarian should be followed?
Lacto-Ovo vegetarian’s diet avoids high cholesterol items like meat, fish, and poultry. A well balanced Lacto-Ovo vegetarian diet includes dairy products, eggs, and honey. It is rich in nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. It helps in the prevention and control of the following diseases.
• Diabetes: Lacto-Ovo vegetarians have a lesser chance of getting diabetes. It has low fat and high fibre foods that help to maintain a healthy weight and reduce heart diseases.
• Cancer: It is found that 40% of vegetarian diets are rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals that act against cancer-causing agents.
• Heart disease and cholesterol: The diets in Lacto-Ovo vegetarian are less saturated fat and cholesterol compared to meat. Hence the risk of heart diseases and cholesterol are very less.
If you want to feel healthy and strong follow Lacto-Ovo vegetarian diet for a month. You could see the results physically and mentally with enhanced metabolism.
Lacto-Ovo vegetarian diet when and How to follow?
A Lacto-Ovo vegetarian diet has both vegetarian and vegan diet but only eggs are included. This diet is mostly followed by vegetarians who do not love to eat meat, fish, and poultry. Eggs contain proteins and they wish to take them in their diet. The Lacto-Ovo vegetarians budded due to dislike of industrial food production. This made them convert their lifestyle towards vegetarianism. ’When and how to go on for Lacto-Ovo vegetarian’ is the question that pops out in every mind. Following tips and techniques, you can perform every day like a ritual to attain its maximum benefit. How to follow a Lacto-Ovo vegetarian diet A Lacto-Ovo vegetarian diet can be easily followed by adding certain food items to your list of food.
As you are going to follow a vegetarian diet mostly, it is important to take a balanced diet in order to gain all the nutrients. • Protein intake is necessary for daily metabolism. Proteins from animal meat are extremely dangerous and may lead to diseases like cholesterol, obesity and cardiac malfunctions. On the other hand, the protein found in plant foods has unique benefits compared to meat-based foods. Especially the soy protein from soy foods is extremely beneficial to human health. If you weigh 50Kgs, the recommended daily usage of protein is 40gms.
• Following a daily plan:
There are many plans that can be followed to maintain a healthy diet. For example, if you take a 14-day Lacto-Ovo vegetarian plan with all the necessary food items, then you can follow the diet very easily.
• Split the schedule into 5 or 6 days and follow them. Repeat the schedule if it is over.
• For breakfast: Include all the food items that come under Lacto-Ovo vegetarian diets such as eggs, bread, butter, fruit juice, multigrain cereal, milk, oatmeal with raisins, protein shake, low-fat muffin (for a change), mushroom, cheese and butter, yoghurt, granola, and a protein shake.
• For lunch: You need not so it heavy, but do it right. Take foods like Vegetable salad, hummus, carrot sticks, multi-grain bread, vegetable sandwich, barley salad, grilled tofu, baked beans, celery sticks, veggie wrap, whole grain tortilla, fruit salad, soups, nut butter and banana sandwich, strips of fried tofu and cheese, and vegetarian lasagna.
• For dinner: Dinner must be light with food items like cashew and veggie stir-fry, vegetable juice, mixed green salad, cauliflower cheese pie, tacos, spaghetti, baked apple, brown rice or barley, veggie burger, roasted potatoes, vegetable khichdi, spinach and cheese cannelloni, mashed potatoes, spinach pie, and vegetable fried rice. When to follow a Lacto-Ovo vegetarian diet As the proverb saying prevention is better than getting a disease and curing after, it is a healthy lifestyle and it must be followed to live a healthier life. If you start following then you need not fear about the accumulation of bad cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, and even cancer. Follow Lacto-Ovo vegetarian diet from today and you can see the visible differences in a month.