lacto and ovo lacto are perfect lifestyle to follow for a healthy life
In the past days, vegetarianism was considered to be a strange thing and to comment on. But today introduction to a vegetarian diet and food is the words people search for such as ovo lacto vegetarian. A Non vegetarian person prefers to become a lacto or ovo lacto on the basis of his/her concerns. Today even many young adults have gained awareness on this healthy lifestyle to follow in their life as it tends to attain happiness or satisfaction physically, mentally, and spiritually.
Why people move towards lacto or ovo regimen and chose specific food
Following are the main reasons or factors which people getting Introduction to a vegetarian regimen.
For a healthy life: Many people suffer from various diseases like Hypertension and Diabetes due to less intake of fibre. Nonvegetarian diets have less fibre content that vegetarian regimen. This is why people prefer vegetarian for a healthy digestion and good health. Non-vegetarian foods can lead to high cholesterol and obesity which serves as a door to other cardiac problems. The main reason behind the fact that humans are not designed to feed on meat. Because the teeth and digestive tract of the human body are similar to the carnivores of non-meat eating or vegetarian animals.
For spiritual well being: All living beings are equally made in this planet. Many people following yoga and religions like Hinduism, Jainism, and many others are following these principles. They find killing animals to eat as food is extremely sinful.
These are the main reasons people usually follow this dietary regime .vegetarian regimen. vegetarianisme regime helps many people to consistently follow the diet type and have a prolonged, healthier life. A Vegetarian regimen helps in proper functioning of the body organs without any ailments. However, it is important to take a balanced vegetarian diet with all nutrients to live stronger and happier.
vegetarian diet types in a nutshell
#Lacto ovo vegetarian:
Lacto referring to dairy, ovo referring to eggs. So this means this is a person doesn’t eat any meat, does not eat any seafood, but they will still include dairy products and eggs in their diet.
Dairy products mean things like milk, cheese, yoghurt.
# Lacto vegetarian:
So, this particular type of vegetarian will use dairy products, but they don’t use eggs, and they don’t use any other animal products. So no meat, no seafood, no poultry.
# ovo vegetarian :
So this type of vegetarian will have eggs, but they won’t do any other dairy products.No milk, no cheese, no yoghurt, and of course they don t eat any meat, poultry, seafood.
A vegan is a person who doesn’t use any animal products at all. So no dairy, no eggs, no meat, no poultry, no seafood. he is strictly using plant foods for their diet. This also means that he is not taking any supplements or anything that comes from an animal. So he not going to be taking fish oil supplements if they want a source of omega three, he will use a marine source like marine algae to get their omega three. Or they may use flax seed, but he is not going to use a fish oil as their method of getting omega three, because again he avoids all sources of animal foods. Sometimes you will hear somebody mention something like the semi-vegetarian or flexitarian, this isn’t truly a vegetarian. People who truly call themselves semi-vegetarian, they’ll still eat meat on occasion or some type of animal product. They just are cutting back on the amount of meat that they are actually eating. So that is not actually truly a type of.
ovo lacto vegetarian diet – when and How to follow?
A lacto ovo vegetarian diet has both vegetarian and vegan diet but only eggs are included. This diet is mostly followed by vegetarians who do not love to eat meat, fish, and poultry. Eggs contain proteins and they wish to take them in their diet. The Lacto-ovo vegetarians budded due to the dislike of industrial food production. This made them convert their lifestyle toward vegetarianism. ’
When and how to go on for Lacto-ovo vegetarian is the question that pops out in every mind. Following tips and techniques, you can perform every day like a ritual to attain its maximum benefit.
How to follow Lacto-ovo vegetarian diet
A lacto-ovo vegetarian diet can be easily followed by adding certain food items to your list of food. As you are going to follow a vegetarian diet mostly, it is important to take a balanced diet in order to gain all the nutrients.
• Protein intake is necessary for daily metabolism:
Proteins from animal meat are extremely dangerous and may lead to diseases like cholesterol, obesity and cardiac malfunctions. On the other hand, the protein found in plant foods has unique benefits compared to meat-based foods. Especially the soy protein from soy foods is extremely beneficial to human health. If you weigh 50 Kgs, the recommended daily usage of protein is 40 gms.
• Following a daily plan:
There are many plans that can be followed to maintain a healthy diet. For example, if you take a 14-day Lacto-ovo vegetarian plan with all the necessary foods items, then you can follow the diet very easily. • Split the schedule into 5 or 6 days and follow them. Repeat the schedule if it is over.
• For breakfast:
Include all the food items that come under Lacto-ovo vegetarian diets such as eggs, bread, butter, fruit juice, multigrain cereal, milk, oatmeal with raisins, protein shake, low-fat muffin (for a change), mushroom, cheese and butter, yoghurt, granola, and the protein shake. • For lunch: You need not so it heavy, but do it right. Take foods like Vegetable salad, hummus.
Reasons you should follow Lacto-ovo vegetarian
A lacto vegetarian diet includes diet like dairy products, eggs, vegetables, nuts, and grains. Vegetarians and people following veganism have a higher risk of vitamin B-12 deficiency. This can be combated by following a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet. This is the most common type of diet followed in Western countries.
Lacto vegetarian is a type of vegetarian who eats dairy products but completely avoids dairy products. Ovo vegetarian is a type of vegetarian who does not eat meat, fish or chicken but eats only eggs. Thus a lacto ovo vegetarian eats dairy products, eggs, but completely avoids meat.
Eating guidelines for Lacto-ovo vegetarian diet:
Every human body must be fed with a diet that contains all the nutrients like carbohydrates, vitamins, fats, and minerals. Following are the nutrient supplements that are found in food items.
• Proteins: It supports the growth of human body and cells. These are the building blocks of muscles that are found in foods like soy products, dried grains, quinoas, nuts, peanuts, dairy products, and eggs.
• Iron: It helps in transport of oxygen to all the parts of the body. Vegetarian’s intake of iron should be twice as the amount is very less in plant-based foods compared to non vegetarian diet. Iron are found in food items like soy-based products like tofu, meat alternatives like veggie burgers and textured vegetable protein, fortified grain products like breads, cereals, and pasta, some nuts and seeds like cashews, almonds, pumpkin, and sesame seeds, prune juices, apricots, and kale.
• Zinc: It helps in growth and strengthening of the immune system. It also plays a major role in healing wounds. The best sources of zinc include pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds butter, dried beans, lentils, peas, pecans, cashews, peanuts and peanut butter, whole grains, and fortified cereals.
• Linolenic acid: This is also called Omega 3 fatty acids and is helpful in curing heart diseases, and also important for the development of the eye, nerve, and brain. The good sources of Linolenic acids include ground flaxseed, soybeans, oils of flaxseed, canola, walnut, and soybeans, tofu and walnuts.
Why Lacto-ovo vegetarian should be followed?:
Lacto-ovo vegetarian’s diet avoids high cholesterol items like meat, fish, and poultry. A well balanced lacto-ovo vegetarian diet includes dairy products, eggs, and honey. It is rich in nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. It helps in the prevention and control of following diseases.
• Diabetes: Lacto-ovo vegetarians have a lesser chance of getting diabetes. It has low fat and high fiber foods that help to maintain healthy weight and reduce heart diseases.
• Cancer: It is found that 40% vegetarian diets are rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals that act against cancer-causing agents.
• Heart disease and cholesterol: The diets in lacto-ovo vegetarian are less saturated fat and cholesterol compared to meat. Hence the risk of heart diseases and cholesterol are very less. If you want to feel healthy and strong follow lacto-ovo vegetarian diet for a month. You could see the results physically and mentally with enhanced metabolism.